Friday, May 11, 2007

Our Morning

Have you ever walked in someone else's shoes? Here is an email I sent to Heather two years ago. She was away at a women's retreat, and I was holding down the fort with Noah and Daniel, who were 3 yrs and 2 yrs respectively. Heather kept the email and reminded me of it recently.

H,

Daniel woke up at 7.30, then riding the horse with Lone Ranger tune blaring. He helped me shave and shower, then tried to get in shower when I was done. Breakfast was ok, just cereal. "Where's moma?" I woke Noah up at 8.30, dressed and to breakfast. Daniel had the last of the miniwheats, so Noah was mad. Managed to serve him Honey Oats, but he didn't want almonds, so picked most of them out and placed on table. Daniel threw his bowl on the floor, after I was in my suit trousers, milk everywhere, daddy yelling, Daniel in naughty chair. Both of us said 'sorry'. "Where's moma?" Then time for diaper change. Grainy poop, 12 wet wipes, "bright!", wiggly boy resisting and getting very mad (surprise). We managed to get in van with everything but lunch... Ooops! No bread... Ooops again! So, we went to United Grocery Store, bought lunchables, took vanilla wafers for bribery and both boys were fine. In van ride, I confused Noah's 'lunch' for 'watch', he didn't like that at all. "Where's moma?" Got to Mother's Day Out OK. Whew! Went to work and felt like doing NOTHING!!! I am so worn out. This parenting thing with work stresses me out. Now I have one hour till my rest is over. I am thinking about a trip to the play ground until bedtime. If lucky, the boys will come too. Have a great retreat. I am praying for you. Please pray for me too!!!

Love you lots,
JON

No comments: